Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday!

Last night was one of those nights.  The kind of night that made me want to fall asleep and have a do-over.  It started off with a phone call from the hubby at 4:45 telling me that he was going to put the little guy down for a nap because he hadn't slept well at the babysitters.  That's usually a sign the night isn't going to go well.

I waited until 6:10 before I woke the little guy up and he was miserable.  I hated to have to wake him, but if I let him sleep longer, there would be a good chance the wouldn't sleep well during the night -  the little guy goes to bed at 8:00.

From 6:15 until 7:00 he was whining and semi-crying and of course, wouldn't eat.  I tried singing to him, talking to him - nothing was working.  Finally, I asked him if he wanted to go to his playroom and watch a Sesame Street DVD.  He readily agreed and as soon as it started, he was asking for some crackers and applesauce. 

That was all he ate for "dinner" but the hubby and I were so thankful that he calmed himself down enough to eat a little something that we did a dance.  We may or may not have looked like this.
Source
It's very upsetting to only have a few hours with the little guy as it is, and when he's in a particularly sad mood it's even worse.  Oh well - here's to another day and hoping that he'll be in a much better mood when I see him today.

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie