Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday!

Sometimes on Wednesday nights it hits me that I have a Thankful Thursday post to do in the morning and I mentally go through the week to think about what I'm thankful for.  The first thing I think about is the little guy, the hubby, my family, etc., but I mention them all the time.  For me, the whole point of Thankful Thursday is to look outside the every day things I'm thankful for and find joy in the little things.  I found that joy last night on he way home from work.

While my friend and I were walking to the train station, there was a school bus that was broken down on the side of the road.  There were quite a few kids on there (4th-5th grade age) who were sticking their heads and hands out of the window asking the passers by for high-fives and fist bumps.

Some of the people ignored the kids, but my friend and I?  We ran through the line and gave them fist bumps because, well, why not?



Source
It was pretty awesome to see the kids with that much energy and enthusiasm.  Today, I'm thankful that I got to experience it.  I'm also thankful that they reminded me not to take life too seriously.  Thanks, kids!

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie