Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Semi Big Announcement (Well for Me Anyway!)

At the end of June I mentioned that things had gotten a little bit stressful in the New Weigh of Life household.  Today, I'm here to tell you what's been going on.

Lately I've been missing my little guy.... a lot.  Summers at work are as boring as watching paint dry - literally.  I asked my boss if there was something I could do - work extra hours, take a shortened lunch, anything so that I could spend some more time with the little guy.  He's growing up so fast and learning so much and I don't feel part of it.  Unfortunately my boss couldn't give me what I requested (although she did promise to let me leave earlier on Fridays in the summer) and all I could do was cry. 

After some thought, I realized something had to give.  While I can't quit my job or work part-time, there was something else taking time away from my son.....working at Weight Watchers on Saturdays.  It was only for 2 hours in the morning, but the constant rushing around and having some place to be every day of the week had finally taken its toll.  Even though I knew my time with Weight Watchers was coming to an end, I didn't want to give up on my members.  I've been working there for the past six years and I've grown so attached to them, which is the reason why, after I moved 40 minutes away, I continued to drive down there each and every Saturday.  (Well that and the fact that my mom lives right around the corner from the meeting which means she got to spend time with the little guy).

I mustered up the courage to tell my manager (who is a HUGE passive aggressive person and hard to get along with) and this past Saturday was my last meeting.  After being there for six years, the only thing she could say to me was "you are not to tell anyone you are leaving.  The members would be upset".  Okay lady, you think after six years I was going to up and leave without saying goodbye?  Haha yeah right.

I'm going to stay on to work as a sub when needed and I'm still following the program but I'm not committed to being there every.single.Saturday. What a breath of fresh air!

The hubby, little guy and I decided to celebrate with some homemade pizza that I semi-burned.  Oops.


The little guy ate it anyway and told me "it's good, mama."  I just love that boy!

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite pizza topping?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie