Monday, July 9, 2012

I've Been Up To A Lot!

Happy Monday!

How was your weekend? Mine was both productive and relaxing. Honestly, it was awesome having some time off from work and blogging. If nothing else, I learned I need to take more days off from work. I mean really, why not?

So, since I haven't been around the blogosphere for quite some time, let me show you what I've been up to!

Our way-too-hot Fourth of July started with a family walk. 
Yes, my hair was in braided pigtails and yes, I'm almost 30.Let's not talk about it.
We walked smack into a parade, which was kind of neat to see.  The little guy got a kick out of the fire engines.  After about 15 minutes, we were back inside reaping the wonder that is air conditioning.

Later in the afternoon, we headed to my in-laws where the little guy ate his first ear of corn.  He really enjoyed it and kept asking for more after he took a bite and saw there were no kernels.  It was pretty hilarious!  I'll have to teach him how to rotate the ear of corn, but for now he was content with me doing it for him.


On Thursday, the hubby, little guy and I went out to search for a new sofa.  We've been trying to make our downstairs room a playroom for the longest time.  We finally got our tushes in gear, got the last of the boxes out of the room and went furniture shopping.  I thought for sure finding a sofa would be easy.  We were looking for something not too expensive (the little guy is going to be all over it anyway), comfortable and size-appropriate.  We weren't too concerned about color either, since we figured we could get a slip cover for it.  By the 4th store, I was ready to tear my eyes out.  Either things were too expensive, not the right size or downright uncomfortable.  Thankfully the little guy was amazingly pleasant during the entire experience.

While the hubby was in the Raymour &; Flanigan outlet, the little guy and I amused ourselves in the car.  He found my sunglasses fascinating! 


We ended up finding a sofa we loved and had it delivered the same day.  Thank God!

Friday morning the little guy and I went to the local library where there was a performer by the name of Mr. Scott.  The little guy got a real kick out of him.  See that pink line he's standing over?  The kids were supposed to sit behind it so that Mr. Scott had enough room to perform. 



While we were away, the hubby was putting the finishing touches on the playroom.  The toys were moved, the TV was mounted to the wall and we were able to relax on the sofa.

See the guitar?  I wanted to teach myself how to play it when I was in my early 20s.  Yeah, that never happened.  The little guy loves to strum the guitar and that's the only reason we still have it!

Now here I am at another Monday at work.  Thankfully the memories of the days off are getting me through it!

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie