Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Italian Bread Pizza

Happy Wednesday!

I've been having the biggest craving for pizza, and I love experimenting with different ways to make it.  Case in point:  bagel pizza, white pizza, pizza casserole, inside out pizza, bubble up pizza, zucchini pizza boats ...you get the idea!

I was craving some french bread pizza but all they had at the store was Italian bread.  I bought some anyway, cut it open and tore out almost all of the bready goodness.  I popped it in a 350 degree oven and let it get crispy.

After about 10 minutes, I took them out of the oven and added pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni and cheese and they went into the oven again for another 10 minutes.

The house smelled yummy and I was greeted with these:

As soon as the little guy saw it, he wanted to try it, hence the half piece pictured above.  I think he's a pizza fanatic like his momma.


Blurry but you get the idea!
One bite in and I was hooked, although next time I'll use actual French bread. I couldn't get enough of the crunchy crust, and neither could the hubby or little guy. Another fast and easy dinner to add to the list!

Question of the Day:
What's one food you couldn't live without?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie