Wednesday, July 25, 2012

It Started Off Like a Normal Weekend.....

Happy.....wait....what day is it? Oh right - happy Wednesday!

The past few days have been a whirlwind.  The weekend started off like any normal one with one exception - on Friday night, we officially said sayonara to the little guy's high chair.  He's now in a booster seat and eats at the table with us.  And, being the picture-loving person that I am, I had to capture that moment right as he was eating his dinner.


On Saturday, we took him to the park and met up with my brother and his kids.  No lie, there were at least 75 kids there.  Halfway through our trip, the little guy wanted a snack and I gave him some Cheerios.

Less than 24 hours later, the little guy was sick.  High fever, tired all the time, in a sad mood kind of sick.  I took him to the doctor's on Monday and she told me there were blisters on his throat and that he most likely picked something up at the playground.  Fantastic.  I take the little guy out for a fun day and this is what happens to him.

Thankfully he's on the mend, the fever is gone and all that remains are the blisters and occasional moments of being extra sleepy.  The one benefit of him having the virus is that he gets to eat ice cream whenever he wants.  He sure doesn't mind that!

Last night I had some turkey meatloaf and some cheesy broccoli.  The little guy loves broccoli like I love chocolate cake.  I don't get it, but I'm not going to complain either!



Question of the Day:
Were you sick a lot as a little kid?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie