Monday, July 16, 2012

Chicken and Turkey Bacon Stromboli

Happy Monday!

How was your weekend?  Mine was great!  It was my first weekend not working at Weight Watchers.  It felt nice not to rush out of the house at 7:30 in the morning.  The little guy, hubby and I ate breakfast as a family and hung out in the playroom before the hubby had to go to work.  It was fantastic!


On Sunday, we headed out to church and then came back and put the little guy down for a nap.  While he was napping, I got started on dinner.  It was only 9:30 in the morning, but with the temps we've been having, I figured it was better to use the oven earlier in the day rather than later.

I was in the mood for a stromboli, so I chopped up some leftover chicken cutlet, cooked turkey bacon and mozzarella cheese, wrapped it up and baked it for 15 minutes.


Chicken and turkey bacon

Freshly baked
When it was time to eat it, I sliced it up and microwaved it for a few minutes.  Delicious!


The little guy wasn't a fan, but the hubby and I enjoyed it!

As the little guy gets older, I'm realizing his need to get out some energy.  We're having another heatwave here in Philly, and it makes getting outdoors difficult.  Yesterday the hubby and I decided to brave the heat and we went to a playground to let the little guy run around and enjoy himself.  To say that he loved it is an understatement!



We only stayed out for an hour, but that was enough for the little guy to release the energy and take a nice long nap when he got home.

The hubby poured water over his head to cool him off.  The little guy thought it was hysterical!

We also did some updating of the playroom, but I'm saving that for another post!

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie