Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!

I'm late to the blog post today but it's mostly because I was thrown for a minor loop this morning.  The place where I usually park to get the train turned into a permit parking only zone.  I had to find another place to park, but it was somewhat difficult because it seems like everywhere is permit parking only.  It's just the transit system's way of trying to make you pay an extra $20 a month on top of an already steep monthly fee to take the train (to the tune of $127 a month).  The hubby assured me that $20 isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things but it's more about the principle for me.  I came into work not feeling like doing much of anything (I mean it is a Monday, after all! haha).

Anyway....

Yesterday was father's day so we took the little guy to the zoo.  It was crowded, but the weather couldn't have been more perfect.  The little guy gave his daddy a "world's greatest dad" t-shirt and hat, which the hubby proudly wore. 


There were a lot of animals and exhibits we missed the last time we visited the zoo, so we had lots and lots of things to see!

We got up close and personal with a peacock....


 ....and we also allowed this guy to wear the hubby's hat.  It cracked us up!

 
As for the little guy, all he cared about were two things: seeing the large water fountain and getting a soft pretzel. Literally, he wanted to go to the zoo to see the "waaalller" a/k/a the water. Seriously.


Mission accomplished.

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie