Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday!

Is anyone else experiencing a heatwave like woah? It was 98 degrees here yesterday and 99 degrees today.  On days like this, I'm happy I don't have a job that requires me to be outside all day.  It's bad enough walking the 5 blocks to the train station!

This morning, as I was getting ready for work, I had one of my embrace yourself moments.  I've talked about my body image issues before on the blog, but if you're a new reader, the short story is that seeing myself for how I really am versus how I think I look is a struggle. 

My general rule for work is that I won't wear sleeveless shirts or dresses because I don't like the way my arms look.  It's an area where I'm self conscious no matter how much I try to talk myself out of it.

Today?  Well, today was just different.  I put on my sleeveless dress and reminded myself that my body has done amazing things, and I wasn't going to be ashamed of my arms today.  Today, I am accepting myself where I am and loving myself for just being me.  And you know what?  That's what I'm thankful for today. 

Here I am embracing myself this morning by taking a ridiculous picture in the women's bathroom at work.  I'm not a "take pictures in the bathroom" kinda girl, so bear with me on this one!



Embrace yourself where you are each and every day.

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie