Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Smiles and Repeats

Happy Tuesday!

Things were so hectic yesterday - my mom's car was in an accident (thank God she wasn't even in the car) so most of the day was spent calling insurance companies, car rental companies and collision repair centers. Fun times! I kept telling my mom that she got in the best kind of accident she possibly could - someone backed into her parked car, no one was injured and the guy actually knocked on the door to tell her what happened.

On the food front, I've been eating a lot of the same things.  It seems that my standard lunch for the weekends are bagel thin pizzas.  They satisfy the pizza craving and make my tummy happy.  It's really a win/win situation.


In keeping up with my random posts about the little guy, he's getting cuter and cuter by the second (I may be a bit biased about that!)  He's repeating practically everything and asks questions non-stop.  People were right when they told me that every phase a child goes through is a mom's favorite phase.  I'm also told that it stops when they hit the teenage years....haha.

The hubby was kind enough to go grocery shopping for me last week.  When it comes to feeding the little guy, the hubby can be a stickler.  He's not a fan of giving him sweets all of the time and whenever the little guy has a piece of chocolate, the hubby just smiles and shakes his head.  Don't get me wrong - I'm not a fan of "chocolate all of the time" either, but once in a while is okay with me.

Imagine my surprise when I was unloading the grocery bags and found a 6 pack of cupcakes.  When I asked the hubby what they were for, he responded with "John picked them out so I bought them for him."  I think my eyes practically popped out of my head - that's so unlike him!  The little guy has been enjoying his cupcakes over the course of the week.  Even though he looks like his daddy, he eats cupcakes like his mommy - icing first and then cake if he feels like it!

Cupcake face!
The little guy really makes me laugh, and there are no shortage of smiles after he's finished his cupcake.

Question of the Day:
What's something that makes you smile?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie