Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Stromboli

Happy Wednesday!

Although it's another dreary, rainy day in Philadelphia, I have a new recipe to share that is sure to brighten up any day. I originally got the recipe from Pinterest and put my own take on it....you know....because I can't leave things alone. 

A few weeks ago, I received a coupon in the mail to try out Kraft's new line of Fresh Take Cheese and Breadcrumb Mix.  They have a large variety you can use on fish, chicken and even ground beef.  I saw this Southwest Three Cheese bag and thought it would go perfectly with the buffalo chicken recipe.


I opened up the package to find a large bag - one half was filled with breadcrumbs and the other was filled with cheese.  All you have to do is cut off the top and mix the breadcrumbs and cheese together and you're ready to go.  I love how easy and non-messy it is!


I cut up my chicken for the stromboli, but you can leave it whole if you wish.  I put the pieces in a pan sprayed with a little bit of cooking spray and waited for it to cook through.


The cheese started to melt onto the chicken and created an amazing crispiness that I had to hold myself back from eating.

While the chicken was cooking, I rolled out some whole wheat pizza dough and put some cheese, 1/4 of a cup of buffalo wing sauce (aka my new addiction) and a squirt of ranch dressing on top.  Once the chicken was finished cooking, I mixed it with another 1/4 cup of  wing sauce and let it cool.  After it was cooled, I put it on the pizza dough and topped with more cheese and another squirt of ranch dressing for good measure.

I folded it up and baked it in the oven for about 20 minutes.  After it was done, it looked like this:



Oh my word was this amazing!! It tasted like a buffalo chicken cheesesteak. I will definitely be making this more often!


Question of the Day:
What's one food you could never get tired of?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie