Monday, May 21, 2012

Beautiful Weekend

Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! This weekend was one of the best ones I've had in a long time.  The weather was beautiful and we really took advantage of it!

The husband went away for about a day and a half on retreat. At first, I was upset that he was going but it turned out to be a great time of bonding for the little guy and I. While he was away, me, the little guy and my mom went to the park where the hubby and I got engaged and fed the ducks.......

....although his version of feeding the ducks was to feed himself most of the popcorn.  It was pretty hysterical.

On Sunday we went to the Philadelphia Zoo.  We bought a membership this year because we thought the little guy would love to see the animals he reads about in his books.  We got pretty up close and personal with some of the animals.

Hello, Mr. Gorilla
If you ask the little guy what his favorite part of the zoo was, he'll tell you the water fountains.  Here he is, surrounded by hundreds of animals and he likes the water fountains.  I love it.


I have to say that one of my favorite pictures of the day is the one below.  Years and years ago, my younger brother and I took a picture sitting on top of the very same bears.  Now there's a sign that forbids you from sitting on them.....haha.  I asked the hubby to take a picture for nostalgia reasons. 

Perhaps the most important thing we saw yesterday was this quote from none other than Dr. Seuss.  It's from The Lorax (part of an exhibit they are promoting) that speaks volumes to me.

It's the truth!
All in all, it was a beautiful weekend surrounded by my beautiful family.

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie