Monday, April 30, 2012

A 1st Birthday Weekend

Happy Monday!

I'm blogging from an exam room today. The students are taking their exams and I get to sit here for three hours to make sure that all goes well. On one hand it makes the day go by faster (the exam is from 9-12), but on the other hand, sitting in virtual silence for the next three hours isn't as easy as it seems!

I had such a great weekend that I can't wait to tell you about, but today, I'm only going to focus on one aspect of it - my niece's first birthday party!

It's hard to believe that she's one years old. It seems like just yesterday I was meeting her for the first time.



Once I saw my two brothers sporting pink party hats, I knew I'd want to capture the moment, so we all got a pic together.

My niece is a girl after my own heart.  After singing happy birthday to her, she wasted no time digging into her cake.  This girl knows how to eat!

I mean really, don't you want to squeeze her cheeks?
She had a little help (very little) from her big brother when it came to digging into the cake.  My nephew only ate a bite of the cake....she devoured the rest on her own!

Of course, the little guy and the hubby were just about as excited for the cake as my niece.

All in all, it was a great day!

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie