Monday, March 26, 2012

Stretching it Out

Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! Mine went pretty well. Saturday the little guy and I went to my Mom's and then we met up with my hubby after he finished work. Sunday was rather relaxing. I went on a cooking spree and followed that up with some sleep. I seemed to have caught the little guy's cold. Yuck. Oh well - such is life!

So I have a problem.....a pasta problem. I can't get enough of the stuff. Whenever we have it for dinner (which happens to be quite frequently) I can't seem to stop myself from eating well over a portion size. Have you ever measured a portion of pasta? Two ounces is nothing!

One thing that I definitely need is volume in my dish.  If it looks like I'm eating a lot of food, I'm more likely to be satisfied.  My latest way to stretch out pasta?  Add in some steamed cauliflower. 


I was stuffed after eating this meal. It satisfied my pasta craving while keeping my portions in check.

Question of the Day:
Do you have any tricks to make it look like you are eating more?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie