Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! 

Are you doing anything today to celebrate Valentine's Day?  I have mixed feelings about it.  At times I think it's great to show the person you love how much you love them but at the same time I think Valentine's Day should be every day.  You should show love each and every day to the people you love in your life.  Anyone else with me?

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that my mom makes an amazing broccoli salad.  It's one of those dishes I really look forward to eating.  Broccoli+cheese+mayo+bacon = amazing.  My problem with broccoli salad?  I can't have a ton of it in the fridge at one time because I'd pick and nibble at it until the container was empty.

My solution was to make a single size portion of the stuff.

Single Serve Broccoli Salad

Half a head of broccoli (feel free to add more or less)
28 grams of shredded cheddar cheese (I used the 2% stuff)
1 Tablespoon of low fat mayo
1 Tablespoon of bacon bits (or you could use some crumbled up bacon)
1 Teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
1 Teaspoon of splenda

Combine all ingredients and enjoy! 

The longer it sits, the better, but you could eat it right away if you don't want to wait.

If you are following Weight Watchers PointsPlus, it's 4 pointsplus.

Question of the Day:
Are you a fan of broccoli?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie