Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Let's Talk: Switchin' It Up

Happy Tuesday!

Gosh, it's amazing how quickly the weekend flies by, isn't it?  My weekend was pretty good.  On Sunday I went to a surprise 40th birthday party for my sister-in-law.  My husband's sister and I get along fairly well, but it was a tiny bit awkward because it was just a bunch of her friends, and I only knew one or two of them.  She had a great time though, and that's all that matters.

Can I vent for a minute?  The Weight Watchers PointsPlus Program is driving me insane.  Seriously - I should be committed.  I've been playing with the same 5 pounds for the better part of six months.  I literally broke down and cried to my husband when I weighed in on Saturday.  He was very supportive - telling me that I look great, but the thing is - this time around, it's not about seeing a number on the scale.  I just want to fit into my pre-pregnancy pants.  Is it a dream I should give up on?  Is it unrealistic?

I've had extensive conversations with my leader and the other receptionist I work with at Weight Watchers and I've tried pretty much every suggestion.  I've upped my veggie intake.  I've switched around what I eat.  I limited my carbs (which was so hard to do as an Italian! haha)  I've added in more exercise.  After much frustration, I've made the decision....I'm switchin it up.

This week, I'm going back to the Turn Around Program - the first one I did that led to my 70 pound weight loss.

Source
I'm not sure if I'm eating too much fruit, but with this program, I'll track every piece of fruit I put into my mouth.  It's hard to remember some of the previous points values for things I eat but I'm starting to remember slowly but surely.

I asked my leader what she thought about going back to the old program and she said there was nothing wrong with giving it a try.  I'll be sure to report back next week and let you know how it goes. 

Question of the Day:
Has anyone experienced a stall in their weight loss?  Do you have any suggestions?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

Other posts in the Let's Talk Series