Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chicken Nuggets for the Kiddos

Happy Wednesday!

Hope you are all having a fabulous day! I'm super excited to share a recipe for healthier chicken nuggets with you.

The little guy loves chicken nuggets (all natural, for whatever it's worth) but isn't a a big fan of chicken breast. He typically takes a few bites and spits out most of what he can't chew. He's pretty impatient when it comes to chewing. It if can't be broken down and swallowed within 10 bites, he'll spit it out.

Imagine my excitedness when I saw a recipe on Pinterest for healthier chicken nuggets that were soft and palatable for toddlers.  The recipe is simple - boil chicken breast until completely cooked through (it took mine about 20-25 minutes).   Transfer chicken to a food processor or blender and add in one beaten egg and salt to taste.  (I omitted the salt since I was making these for the little guy).  Take mixture and form into bite-sized nuggets or use cookie cutters to make a fun shape.  Dip in breadcrumbs and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.

Before going into the oven

After baking
I ended up using crushed bran flakes instead of breadcrumbs because we were all out. 

The little guy LOVED these for dinner last night. I tried one of them and I actually want to make these for dinner for the hubby and I sometimes soon.  They were that good! I'm so glad I found a way for him to eat chicken that's good for him.  Sayonara processed "all natural" chicken nuggets!

Question of the Day:
Are you a chicken nugget fan?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie