Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday (+ Blogging, How I've Missed Thee!)

Happy Thursday!  I can't believe we're already at Thursday.  Work has been just as I predicted - BUSY!  The first few weeks of class is always busy.  It sure makes my days fly by, though!

I have to say that I've missed blogging so much! 

So, what have I been up to the past few days other than working?  Not too much, really.  Hanging out with the little guy and the hubby, doing a little batch cooking for the week and having the urge to experiment in the kitchen.  Last week I was craving roasted veggies in the worst way.  I took a trip to two supermarkets and both of them had overripe/almost rotten veggies.  How annoying!! Tomorrow night I'm stopping by another grocery store to check out my options.  It's a little out of the way but it will totally be worth it just to get some fresh veggies.

On to Thankful Thursday....

Today, I'm thankful for two things: kindness and (surprise, surprise) the little guy.  Yesterday someone was hit by one of the trains I take into work (not the one I was riding on). This meant that the trains on my line were stopped completely and I had no idea how to get to work without venturing into some not-so-great neighborhoods.  Some lovely woman took pity and me and drove me to another train station to catch a different train.  I am so thankful to her for her kindness.  There are still wonderful people in the world!  This little lesson was a reminder to pay it forward.

Secondly, I'm thankful for the little guy's love of learning.  Check out this video of him finding the letters "A" and "O".  Please disregard my high pitched voice (I'm learning I have said high pitched voice whenever I'm talking to him!)



Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie