Friday, January 20, 2012

Roasting the Veggies

Happy Friday!  If I could do a dance right now for you, I would.  I love Fridays.  I mean really, is there a reason not to love them? 

Something else I'm currently loving?  Roasted vegetables.  I've been doing a lot of thinking about the whole trying to lose the rest of the baby weight thing.  What did I do the first time I joined Weight  Watchers that made me so successful?  What foods did I eat?  After some searching, I found my answer - I ate a lot of fruits and veggies.  I have no problem getting in my fruits.  They're sweet and easy for me to pick up on the go.  Veggies, on the other hand, are an "issue" for me.  I'm more of a "make a salad and be done with it" kind of girl.  I know it's time to get back into eating more vegetables, and so last week I headed out to the local Giant grocery store and picked up peppers, onions and cauliflower. 

I chopped the veggies, coated them with some salt, pepper and chili powder, stuck them in the oven and anxiously awaited them to be done.  When I say anxiously, I mean I waited by the oven door with bated breath.  I could smell them cooking and I couldn't wait to eat them.  Obsessive much?  Yeah, that's kinda who I am sometimes.

OH.MY.WORD.  Delicious!!!  I'm officially hooked.  Hooked as in I literally ate an entire head of cauliflower in 3 days.  I ended up using the last of the roasted vegetables on a....you guessed it.....salad.  I mostly ate the rest of the vegetables directly out of the container when the little guy was eating his snack. 



So yeah, I'm basically having a love affair with vegetables right now and I'm not complaining.

Question of the Day:
Anything fun planned for the weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie