Monday, January 9, 2012

Just One of Those Days.....

Happy Monday!

It was one of those mornings where I couldn't remember what day it was.  Wednesday?  Friday?  Sunday?  Then it hit me that it was, in fact, a Monday and I had to get up and go to work.  I heard the little guy say "mama" over the monitor rather than the alarm on my cell phone.  It was music to my ears. 

Did anyone else enjoy beautiful weather over the weekend?  It was in the 60s on Saturday.  The hubby and I were commenting on how this time last year we were walking through the snow.  I could live with winters like this.  

On Saturday night I decided it was time for the hubby to take charge of dinner.  On the weekends I feel lazy and I don't like to plan my meals in advance.  It almost always comes back to bite me because I can't decide what I want for dinner and inevitably we end up having either eggs, pasta or tuna with soup.  I am so sick and tired of having the same things over and over again!  The hubby is an amazing cook but he doesn't like to cook very much.  He told me he would take charge of dinner so I plopped back down on the living room floor and hung out with the little guy.

So....what did he make?  He found a frozen General Tso's meal for two kit in the freezer.  Within 15 minutes, he had it ready to go except that the bag stated there were two servings.....such a lie!  Really, the meal was enough for one.  There were literally 6-7 pieces of chicken in the entire bag.  How that feeds two people, I'll never know.

Yum!
It was insanely delicious, but next time I'll be throwing two bags of this stuff in my cart instead of one.

Well....I'm off to help the professors get ready for class.  I hope you have a fantastic day!

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie