Friday, January 6, 2012

It's Stew Time!

The little guy made out very well at his 15 month check-up yesterday. The doctor said that he's functioning at an 18 month old level. I couldn't be a prouder parent. He received two shots in the arm and while that wasn't the highlight of the visit, he took them with some tears that were quickly followed by smiles. Only one more round of shots and then he's in the clear until he's 4 years old. Phew!

Yesterday I mentioned that I FINALLY got the little guy to eat veggies by making a stew.  Today I'm here to give you that recipe.

In the crock pot went:

1 package of baby carrots
2 chopped green peppers
1 bag of frozen peas (I added these at the beginning but I later learned you shouldn't add these until the very end because adding them at the beginning makes the peas lose their nutritional value)
5 pieces of chicken breast, chopped small
2 onions, chopped
2 jars of pasta sauce

I cooked it on low for almost 9 hours.  By the time it was done, the chicken was ready to fall apart and the veggies were incredibly tender....just how the little guy likes it.

Looks like I'll be making another type of stew this week as well.  I consider it a "must" when it gets the little guy to eat his veggies!

Question of the Day:
Any fun weekend plans?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie