Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Fake Monday

Happy Monday Tuesday!  I feel like I've been operating on a fake Monday schedule since being off yesterday.  Today has all the look and feel of a Monday (i.e. crazy busy at work, having a hard time getting out of bed, etc.) but thank goodness it's actually Tuesday!

On Friday I mentioned I was trying to finish up an Elmo hat I was working on for the little guy.  I'm happy to say I was able to complete it during my lunch break - here it is!

This hat is the first thing I've made that I'm truly proud of.  That's probably because it was made with the little guy in mind.  Of course, I had to get a picture of him wearing it.   

I think he likes it, no?
I had a stellar weekend.  The hubby was off from work all weekend which meant that we got lots and lots of time to spend together as a family.  When he works his second job over the weekend, it's not only hard on me but also on the little guy.  He is constantly asking where his "dada" is. 

Saturday night was "taco night" at our house.  I've been craving tacos like crazy ever since the hubby asked for them a few weeks ago.  I browned up some ground turkey, fried some peppers and onions, grated some cheddar cheese and emptied a can of diced tomatoes.


I thought the little guy wouldn't like the turkey with taco seasoning on it but I was wrong - he could hardly keep his fingers out of it!

The wraps I bought were very large, so I suppose we made more of a "burrito" type of meal rather than taco.....


It was a good meal regardless of what you call them!


And with that, I'm back to work.  Enjoy your day!

Question of the Day:
Burritos or tacos?  What's your preference?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie