Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday!

I think it's official - I am in the holiday spirit. I've started listening to Christmas music on the radio and I'm hoping to have up the decorations by the weekend.

Last Christmas (for some reason that post is showing up a little crazy at the moment) was the first Christmas with the little guy, and while it was incredibly special, it's nothing like this year.  The little guy is a little older and while he doesn't quite "get it" yet, seeing his expression whenever we pass by a house with lights or a store with a Christmas tree is amazing.

Today, I'm thankful for the child-like innocence I get to enjoy each and every day.  For a while Christmas had lost its "spark", but having a baby brings it right back and makes it feel like I'm a child myself.

Who in the Sam Hill is this guy, mom?
There was a tradition in my family of watching Christmas Eve on Sesame Street each and every year.  When my mom would break out the Christmas decorations, we would listen to the record on the record player and sing and dance along with our favorite cast of characters.  Please tell me I'm not the only person who remembers this movie?
Source
A couple of days ago, I saw the movie on Amazon and I just HAD to get it.  It came last night and I was super excited to watch part of it with the little guy.  He LOVES Sesame Street, but when I put it on, he wanted nothing to do with it.  He was more into his walking/running around the house.  Watching part of the movie reminded me of being a kid again, and I hope that the hubby and I can start the same tradition of watching Christmas Eve on Sesame Street year after year.

I mean, you're never to old for Sesame Street, especially if it's old school episodes, right? haha

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie