Monday, December 5, 2011

The Lovely Cousin Picture

Happy Monday!

How was your weekend? Mine was great!

I got some Christmas decorating done, spent time with the family and hung out with my cousins. I can't believe how fast the weekends fly by!

On Saturday night, my uncle had everyone over to his house because one of his sons was home from Maine (where he works as a pharmacist with his girlfriend). Almost everyone was there (minus a few people who had other things going on). It was great to see my cousin and his girlfriend, especially since they won't be home for Christmas.

Per tradition, we took a "cousins" picture. On Christmas Day we used to line up in age order up a flight of steps. It was cute when we were younger but now that we're older, it's hard to fit everyone in! We've been taking pictures like this since we were knee high to a grasshopper. It's fun to see how we've all changed over the years, especially with the addition of three kiddos.

Please tell me we're not the only family who does these weird family traditions.

The infamous "step" picture.  Can you find me?
Now that the family has expanded to in-laws, girlfriends and kiddos, we don't really do the step picture anymore and instead crowd around a sofa.


The pictures come out like the one above but typically we've got a lot of outtakes before the really good shot turns out.....


See what I mean?
So, on Saturday, we added a new photo to the "cousins picture" collection.  We were missing my hubby, my cousin's girlfriend and my cousins Chris and Brian but we still managed to plaster on some smiles.


It may be a strange tradition, but you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way!

Question of the Day:
Do you have any weird family traditions?  Share!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie