Monday, December 19, 2011

Doin' a Little Baking

Happy Monday!

How was your weekend? Mine was great! I typically spend the week before Christmas baking Christmas cookies, but this year, I decided to try my hand at something different.....chocolate covered pretzels!!

I put some chocolate chips in the microwave and melted them down. Next, I tossed in some pretzels and used a fork to coat them. After they were done swimming in the chocolate, I moved them to a cookie sheet lined with tinfoil. I added some Christmas-themed sprinkles and let them dry.


The hardest part was not eating them!

Even though my hubby isn't a huge fan of chocolate, he loved the batch of pretzels that were chocolate + peanut butter.


I'm bringing these to my Aunt's house for Christmas if I don't eat them all before Sunday....haha!

Yesterday, the little guy and I heard the sound of firetrucks.  I was telling him to listen to the noise and it got closer and closer and closer.  I started to feel a little bit uneasy until I heard the hubby yell "Santa's on a firetruck!"  We bundled the little guy up and ran outside and sure enough, there was Santa waving and people with Santa hats giving out candy canes.  The little guy kept saying "Santa! Santa!"  It was adorable.  Then it happened.  The tears started coming down my face and I realized that I am just like my mom.  She would often cry at things like school plays, graduations....just about anything that my brothers and I were involved in.  At the time, I thought it was ridiculous, but now I get it.  I called my mom to tell her about my little outburst of tears and she laughed and said "that's what happens when you become a mom!"

We let the little guy enjoy his candy cane from Santa, and enjoy it he did!


Question of the Day:
Do you do any baking around this time of year?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie