Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Let's Talk: The Holidays

Happy Tuesday!

Has anyone else been inundated with holiday* ads, music and decorations wherever they go?  On Saturday, when I was running some errands, I noticed one radio station playing Christmas music non-stop.  Today, while driving the little guy to the babysitter's house, I noticed another station who is cranking out the Christmas tunes one right after the other from now until Christmas.

It's downright annoying, in my opinion.  Don't get me wrong, I love the Christmas season but isn't this way too early?

Source
What's the rush?  Why can't we slow down and appreciate one holiday at a time?  By the time Christmas comes around, I feel like I can't stomach one more Christmas carol or look at one more string of lights.  This year, instead of standing in one long line after another, fighting crowds and being a Grinch, I'm choosing to do all of my shopping online. It's easy, it's convenient, and I don't have to worry about over-crowded malls.  Plus, think of all the time I'll save! 

What will I do with all the extra time I'm dreaming of?  Simple - spend time with the family, bake a little more and spend more time relaxing.

Despite the stress of hearing Christmas music on the radio already, my meal last night was anything but stressful.

Penne with Parmesan cheese
This holiday season, do yourself a favor and try not to get sucked into the craziness of it all.  Slow down, take a rest and enjoy and extra cup of hot chocolate.

*For purposes of this post only, when I say "holidays" I'm referring to Christmas - only because that's what I celebrate!

Question of the Day:
Does the holiday season stress you out?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

Other posts in the Let's Talk Series