Monday, November 21, 2011

Giving

Happy Monday!

How was your weekend?  Mine was a lot of fun.  On Saturday, the hubby, little guy and I headed down to my former elementary school's Christmas Bazaar.  When I was younger, I used to think the Bazaar was the greatest event ever.  There were tons of tables filled with all things Christmas.  Add in a few game tables and everything seemed perfect.  When I walked through the door this year, I was greeted with complete chaos!  It's funny how your perspective changes as you get older, isn't it?

Our family was there to support my mom, the librarian of the school, who was hosting a book fair.  The little guy loves to read books, so it was a win/win situation.  After making our purchases, we wandered around the halls checking out all of the craft tables.  I stopped at one stared for a moment.  There was a teenage girl (probably no more than 15-16 years old) with a scarf wrapped around her head.  I immediately sensed she had cancer, and when I looked at the woman with her (I assume her mom), she was wearing a shirt that said "All I want for Christmas this year is a cure for cancer." 

The girl was selling hair ties with ribbons, sparkly barrettes and t-shirts that she had made with all of the proceeds going to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.  I purchased two hair ribbons and immediately placed one in my hair and the other I placed on the little guy's arm.  He loved watching the ribbons move every time he moved his arm.

Seeing this girl reminded me to put things into perspective.  During the holidays, please remember to give.  Give a little or a lot, give your time or money, give a smile......just give. 

Awkward Transition.....

As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker's Program, I was selected to receive 2 coupons for one dozen free Land O Lakes eggs.  Our family eats eggs  A LOT and we were excited to put these eggs to the "taste test."

According to their website, Land O Lakes All-Natural eggs are produced by hens who are fed a "premium all vegetable, whole-grain diet, rich in corn and soy protein - with no animal fat or animal by-products."  It makes me feel good to know that I am able to feed a quality product to my son.


Yummy eggs!

 Am I the only one who is impressed that the eggs have a protective covering on top of them?

The hubby whipped up some scrambled eggs. 


The verdict?  I thought they were yummy, and I'm pretty sure the little guy agreed!

"Mom, can you please stop taking a picture and just feed me the eggs?"

Mmmmm!
 The eggs get a "thumbs up" from the New Weigh of Life family.

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie