Monday, November 28, 2011

Food Review: Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers

Happy Monday!

How was your Thanksgiving? Mine turned out really well. On Thursday the family headed to my mother-in-law's and on Friday, my mom had a second Thanksgiving dinner. Needless to say, this past weekend was filled with food, food and more food.

Today, I'm back in the saddle with my healthy eating. It feels good to eat veggies, salads and fruits after a few food coma-induced days, doesn't it?

Speaking of healthy eating, I had the opportunity through the Foodbuzz Tastemaker's Program to sample Green Giant Vally Fresh Steamers.

I decided on the Valley Fresh Blend of carrots, broccoli and cauliflower in a light garlic and butter sauce.


I served mine alongside some pasta for some added flavor.

                                             

The result?  The veggies were cooked to perfection, and seriously, how cute are the carrots?  I've never seen them in a "ball" shape before.

The only downside to the veggies was the sauce.  It was extremely garlicky and overpowered the veggies big time. 

I would definitely try the Steamers again, but next time I would try another flavor.  You can't beat the convenience of steamed veggies in a bag!

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend! 

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie