Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Big Batch Cooking

Happy Tuesday!

As of last night, I can officially say I am almost done my Christmas shopping.  I only have two more people to buy for and that's it!  I think this is a first for me.  I used to wait until after my birthday (mid-December) to start my shopping.  Most of the shopping was done online - I'm not sure why I waited until now to jump on the online shopping bandwagon. 

Last week I made a reference to making meals in advance.  If you've been reading the blog for a long time, you know how I constantly make references to how I cook once for the entire week.  Well folks....I've decided to up the ante.  Now, I'm making a few meals weeks in advance and freezing them.  I buy my ground turkey and chicken in bulk, so there's always some semblance of a meal in my freezer.  After my last trip to BJ's, I decided to split the package of ground turkey and make a meatloaf and sloppy joes.

During the same cooking extravaganza, I also made some chicken cutlet and baked ziti.  So, for the last two weeks, I've been grabbing something from the freezer and enjoying it immensely.  How easy is that?  Since I'm cooking for the week anyway I just make some extra meals to stretch us for the rest of the month.  Done and done!




During the craziness that is the holiday season, this is a time saver for sure!

Question of the Day:
Share a time saving tip with me - I need all I can get!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie