Friday, October 14, 2011

Home Remedies

Happy Friday!

I've been doing a lot of reading about cough and cold remedies since the little guy got sick on Monday. While a few seemed kooky, one in particular caught my eye.  Apparently, if you put Vicks Baby Rub (it HAS to be baby rub, not regular Vicks, which can be dangerous to babies) on the baby's feet and put socks on them, the baby will not cough the entire night.  No coughing = a baby who sleeps through the night peacefully.

I wanted to give it a try because I've been hearing the little guy coughing throughout the night and he's exhausted when he wakes up.  I'm proud to report that it actually worked!!  The little guy slept straight through the night - his first cough was at 5:15 this morning, right when he woke up.

Crazy, right?

Last night, I sat down to a delicious dinner of shortcut chicken parm and asparagus.  It made me feel all warm and toasty inside.

I wish every meal were as tasty as this.

I made the little guy his own version, and I had to share it with all of you.


The little guy LOVED it. He couldn't shove it in his mouth fast enough! There's something incredibly satisfying about making something for my son and having him enjoy it.

I couldn't be more excited for the weekend. The hubby and I have a lunch date tomorrow followed by my cousin's birthday party.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Question of the Day:

Any home remedies you'd like to share?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie