Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Birthday Party Recap

Happy Wednesday!

After having the day off on Monday, I came back to work with lots to do and no time to blog. I'm back today with a recap of the little guy's first birthday party!

Everything worked out really well from the decorations to the food to the crazy amount of people who attended the party. It was a whirlwind of a day and thankfully I put my brother and cousin on video camera/photo camera duty so I would have one less thing to worry about.
The theme for the little guy's party was Sesame Street. He can't get enough of the characters (especially Elmo) and when he saw all of the decorations, he seemed happy!

One of the biggest hits were the Elmo cupcakes I made.  My mom frosted them with red icing while I made his face out of white icing with chocolate chips (for the eyes) an orange dot candy for his nose and half of a mint patty for his mouth.

They turned out much better than I expected!

Of course, you can't have a birthday party without birthday cake - Sesame Street related, of course!

The cake was half vanilla/half chocolate with buttercream icing.  I ordered it at BJ's and both the hubby and I LOVED it.  The little guy loved the Elmo and Big Bird cars that came off of the cake.

 When everyone came in the door, they were greeted with this Elmo poster.


I asked the guests to sign it so that the little guy will have something to treasure.  Fun fact - this was supposed to be a "pin the hat on Elmo's head" game.

Before we knew it, it was time for cake!! We gave the little guy one of the Elmo cupcakes to try, and well....you be the judge - did he like it or not?

His arms were stained red from the food coloring for two days - no lie.

And, because we're super cool parents dorks, I made sure someone took a picture of us in our birthday hats.


All in all, it was a great day!

Question of the Day:
Would you rather throw a party or attend one?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie