Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend Recap + Fun Eggs

Happy Monday!

Over the weekend, I stopped at Target to get the little guy his first pair of sneakers. We had plans of stopping at Linvilla Orchards on Sunday and I wanted him to be able to walk around. He doesn't walk on his own yet, but he loves holding my hands and walking around that way.

The little guy doesn't like anything on his feet. Even keeping socks on him in the winter is a challenge. I thought I had him outsmarted and bought a pair of velcro shoes. While we were driving, I heard a ripping sound and when I turned around, I saw the little guy happily un-velcroing his sneakers. This kid has outsmarted me already and he's not even a year old yet!

The apple festival at Linvilla was so much fun. We were greeted with a huge scarecrow when we first walked in.


As luck would have it, we saw Thomas the Tank Engine and were able to get our picture taken with him. I think the little guy was overwhelmed with all of the people, but he was such a good sport!


By the time we came home, it was close to dinner, and the husband was craving eggs.  I recently saw a great idea for eggs on Pinterest and decided to try it out.

Start by spraying a muffin pan with non stick cooking spray.  Next take a dozen eggs and crack each egg into a muffin slot.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until the yokes are set.  After they are done, you are left with 12 cooked fun eggs!


These eggs probably work best in egg sandwiches. The husband took what he wanted and I froze the rest for later use. It'll be convenient to pull out the cooked eggs for sandwiches whenever the mood strikes.

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie