Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday!!

One of the benefits of my job is that it's pretty laid back. If I need to run an errand, and I'm not busy, I am able to get away from my desk for a few minutes. One of my co-workers and I just ran to the bank and wouldn't you know that about three minutes into our walk, the skies opened up and it down poured. As soon as we came back, the skies were blue and there wasn't a rain drop to be found. Seriously, best luck ever.

Despite a little rain, there are still moments to be thankful for. Today, I'm thankful for the woman that watches my son.   The husband and I struggled while the little guy was in a day care center.  He seemed unhappy and was sick a lot.  When we found our current babysitter, we were more than ecstatic.  She has 4 children of her own (a set of 10 year old triplets and a 7 year old), so she has some experience under her belt. 

When me or my husband go to pick him up at the end of the day, he's smiling (when he's not sleeping) and happy as a clam.  He's in a caring environment where I know he is loved.  As a working mom, having the peace and security of knowing the little guy is okay is priceless.

I've always said that it isn't being a mom that's the hardest job in the world....it's being a working mom that's the hardest job in the world.
Source

Peace of mind.....it pretty much rocks.

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie