Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday!

Last night I had a doctor's appointment. You know.....that kind of doctor's appointment.  The one that almost every women dreads (or maybe it's just me).

I was supposed to go back in January, but the weekly snowstorms kept me from driving around.  I promised I'd call back in the Spring, thinking that the nice weather would make it easier to get to the doctor's office.  Spring came and went, and then came summer.  Over the summer, my best friend called to tell  me that someone she knew was diagnosed with cervical cancer and wasn't sure how long she had to live.  This someone is 29 years old.....the very age I'll be in a few short months.  Hello wake up call, nice to meet you.

I knew the excuses needed to stop and I had to get checked out.  I owe it to myself, my family, but most importantly, I owe it to my son.  So I put my big girl pants on and made the appointment for last night. The last time I saw the doctor was almost a year ago when the little guy was born. 

As soon as I stepped into his office, I remembered how much I enjoy this doctor.  I love his personality, his bedside manner and his compassion.    Today, I'm thankful for good doctors, and I mean really, truly good doctors.


Source
In the end, it wasn't so bad and I don't know what I was nervous about anyway.

Make that appointment - go to that doctor - get checked out.  Don't waste another minute.

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie