Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday!

Last night was much more relaxed than yesterday, which was a nice change of pace.  Now that it's offically September, I feel like things will start winding down.  Even though summer is a time of relaxing, there were multiple times over the last three months  where things were more than a little hectic.  Throw in an old fashioned hurricane for good measure and that's my summer in a nutshell.

One thing that bothers me is when I realize my fruit drawer is running low.  For me, running low means there isn't enough fruit for the hubby and I to eat over the course of a week.  I was annoyed when I realized I forgot to stop at the store and pick up some fruit, but I tried to make the most of the situation.  Either I could walk to the store with the little guy or I could drive.  Driving would've been more convenient, but I opted for the walk.  I'm so thankful I did. 

Walking with the little guy gave me time to spend with him instead of having him fall asleep on a drive.  We laughed, he fussed a few times and then went back to smiling.  It was a moment I'll treasure for sure. 

On our way home from the store, I was able to see a beautiful sunset.  It was the calm after the storm and I believe it was God's way of telling me that things will always be okay if I trust in Him and His plan.




So today, take the time to walk instead of drive. Enjoy each step, breathe in the air and cherish every little moment.

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie