Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Taco Bake

Happy Tuesday!

The little guy's first birthday party is coming up in the next few weeks and I really haven't done much in terms of party planning. The invitations are out and I have a general idea of what I'm serving, but that's pretty much it. Last night I thought it would be a good idea to get some decorations, so I packed the coach and the little guy up in the car and headed out. Turns out that the nearest party store closed, and the next closest one was about a half hour away. I ended up driving there and picked up some really cute decorations. Even though everyone keeps telling me that he'll never remember his birthday party, I still want to make it special. I mean really, you only turn 1 once, right?

Before I headed out of the house, I fueled up with a taco bake. I had seen this recipe so many years ago but for one reason or another I never made it. I was craving something different this week, so taco bake it was!

I made a few substitutions like swapping out kidney beans for pinto beans and used reduced fat cheese instead of fat free cheese.
Simmering in the pan

Ready to eat!
This dish left me feeling like I wanted to have a taco night. I think it's going to be in the works sometime soon!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway if you haven't done so already!

Question of the Day:
Are you a taco fan?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie