Friday, September 2, 2011

Stewi!

Happy Friday and happy long weekend!  This weekend is going to be pretty busy (1st birthday party for John's friend, anniversary dinner and BBQ) but I can't wait!

You know what else I can't wait to do?  Share this recipe idea with you.  I made this as part of my hurricane food.  The best part of this recipe is that I didn't follow a recipe at all.  I threw together every vegetable that was going bad in my fridge what I thought would work.  Wouldn't you know it......it turned out to be one of the best things I've thrown together in a long time.  I'm calling this a Stewi because it was a hybrid of stew and chili.

In this dish I used:

2  zucchini
4  carrots
4  small sweet potatoes
1  onion
1  lb of chicken breast
1  jar of spaghetti sauce
2  15oz cans of diced tomatoes
1  packed of chili seasoning
garlic powder, basil and other spices to taste

Chop the veggies and chicken and throw it all in the crock pot on high for 5-6 hours.


It was a hearty Stewi and it would be awesome served over egg noodles or brown rice. I'll be making this in the winter for sure!

Some housekeeping matters - I recently switched comment services because IntenseDebate was giving me issues.  If this new one isn't working for you (or you are unable to comment), please e-mail me at abinns3142@aol.com.  I'm trying to get this all sorted out!

Question of the Day:
Any fun weekend plans?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie