Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Just What Did You Do With That Huge Can of Tomatoes?

Happy Wednesday! I know the burning question on your mind is "just what the heck did she end up doing with that huge can of tomatoes?" You know....because clearly the only thing that you can thing about is my blog. I kid, I kid.

Seriously, though, I made a huge pot of sauce gravy with the ginormous can.  I don't have a true recipe, but I can tell you that in addition to the crushed tomatoes, I added diced garlic, basil, bay leaves, oregano and some sugar to cut the acidity.  Add seasonings to taste and you'll be good to go.


There's nothing like a pot of gravy simmering on the stove. I ended up freezing it in two large containers. I can't wait to use it!

In other news - a dear friend, Father Jack Donohie would have turned 72 today. He lost his life to cancer almost 10 years ago and there's not a day when I don't think about him.  Happy birthday, Father Jack!

Question of the Day:
Do you ever cook enough food to freeze or do you cook just enough for one meal?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie