Friday, September 9, 2011

It's Not a Bird, It's Not a Plane, It's.....It's.....

Lasagna! (more on that in a bit)

Happy Friday! I'm super excited for this weekend. The little guy is supposed to have his one year photos taken tomorrow. Where did the year go?! Yeah, I'm not so sure myself. Even though he doesn't turn one until October, this weekend is the best one to get the pictures taken. We're heading over to my grandmom's house. Her neighbor takes pretty awesome photos, and we're more than exited for him to take pictures of the little guy. This neighbor doesn't do this professionally, but I think he should!

I have to mention that this week, I did not feature any chicken or spaghetti on the blog.  Doesn't that deserve some kind of award? 

Instead of spaghetti, I made something that I've eaten so many times I've lost count but have never made myself......lasagna!

I never wanted to make it because I thought it was complicated.  Boy was I wrong!!  After boiling the noodles and running cold water over them (to make them easier to handle), all I had to do was layer noodles, low fat ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and spaghetti sauce gravy.

I probably could've used more gravy, but other than that, it was awesome!




My favorite part about this was that it made enough for my hubby, myself and even the little guy to eat with pieces left over. The downside? It's not as good as my friend Ron's lasagna (it's extra cheesy and extra yummy), but it'll do for me...haha.

Question of the Day:
Is there anything you shied away from making because you thought it was too difficult?

Hope you have a great weekend!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie