Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Finding the Comfort Foods

As summer draws to a close, I find myself grabbing for my jacket as I'm headed out the door. The cooler weather is a much welcomed change. For me and my family, it means trips to Linvilla Orchards, breezy walks outside and the return of the comforter to our bed. (Sidebar - sleeping with the comforter makes me happier than it probably should).
The chillier weather got me thinking of my favorite Fall/Winter Comfort foods. Here's some of my favorite comforting meals.....

Spaghetti with short cut "fresh" whole wheat rolls
Something about hot rolls makes this meal comforting to me.  Warm bread and pasta = carb city comfort. 

Pizza
I don't think pizza needs any explanation.  Anything hot and cheesy gets a vote of comfort in my book!


Eggs and potatoes
I was never really a breakfast person until I met the husband.  When I was prego, I craved eggs and potatoes a lot, and since the hubby loves breakfast, he was always up for this meal.  Fluffy eggs and cooked potatoes are where it's at!

After looking at the meals, it cracks me up that each meal is full of carbohydrates.  What is it about carbs that makes a meal so satisfying?!

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite comfort food meal?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie