Friday, August 19, 2011

When You Crave the Unhealthy Stuff

Let's be real. I try to eat healthy most days of the week but there are times when I have the urge to stuff my face full of anything and everything that moves. I think the women of the blog world know what I'm referring to....haha.

I've found that when I eat healthier and more frequently, I'm less likely to feel the need to eat the not-so-healthy stuff. And then there are those occasions when I'm in the mood for something unhealthy and recreate a healthier version.

I was craving Chinese food when I stumbled across Beth's recipe for veggie fried brown rice.  It couldn't have happened at a better time.  At 8:00 at night, I made a huge batch to eat for lunch the following day. 

I started by sauteing some onions in a skillet.


After they softened I added in my frozen veggies.  Once they were heated through, I put a half a cup of  precooked brown rice and cracked an egg on top. 

I stirred for a few minutes until the egg was cooked and added in some rice wine vinegar and soy sauce.  When all was said and done, I was left with an entire pot of healthy veggie fried brown rice.
Don't let the picture fool you - it tasted much better than it looks
For my Weight Watchers readers - all that food for 6 points+!  It was insanely good and filling.  I'll definitely be making this again soon!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Question of the Day:
Have you ever created a healthy version of something unhealthy?  What was it?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie