Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Well That Was Eventful......

Good morning!

This morning I had what I would call a "Monday" day. Everything that could go wrong this morning pretty much did. When I left the house to drive to my mom's, I put down all four car windows because I couldn't see out of them. As soon as I got onto the highway, I heard a wooshing sound. I briefly glanced behind me and noticed the back window on the driver's side wasn't closed. I tried to put it up and I realized it wasn't working. After freaking out remaining calm, I decided to try to put the window up when I got to my mom's. 

I felt terrible for the little guy who had to deal with cold air coming into the car for forty minutes.  I turned up the heat and hoped he wouldn't freak out.  Thankfully, I was able to get the window up with no problem and took it to Meinike, right around the corner.  I was able to make it to work on time (thanks for driving me to the train station, Kev!) and even though it's only 12:00, I feel like I've had a full day already.  Can someone tell me why these things happen on a Wednesday?  If if were Monday, I'd almost expect it. 

I know I need to be grateful for the way things happened though.  Thankfully I can get my car back after work, thankfully it won't cost an arm and a leg (just an arm...haha), thankfully the little guy didn't complain about being cold and thankfully I was able to make it work on time.

Sheesh, all of this ranting has caused me to crave something simple.  Thankfully I made another version of Simple Chicken.  This time I used cracked red pepper, oregano, basil, garlic powder and a drizzle of olive oil.


Yup, you can bet I'm ready to get this day over with!

Question of the Day:
Do you tend to freak out in situations or do you remain calm?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie