Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Things that Make Me Happy

If you've been reading the blog for a little while, you'll know that I'm thankful for the little things like sunshine when it's supposed to rain, an unexpected smile from the little guy, a hot cup of coffee in the morning or being able to call my co-workers friends.  You know what else makes me happy?  Being able to borrow this......
Pasta machine!
Seriously, it was the highlight of my weekend.  You know how much this girl loves chicken pasta, especially when it's homemade.  Fun fact:  I registered for a traditional pasta maker (the one my grandmom uses) when I got married.  I've used it a handful of times, but it's a ton of work!

This pasta machine was a piece of cake to use.  I had fresh pasta in literally five minutes!  I put in two cups of flour, two eggs, a little bit of oil and water and turned the machine on.

After mixing for a few minutes, I turned the machine on "extract" and saw this.....
Cool, right?

I let it dry for a little bit and then threw it in a pot of boiling water for about 3-4 minutes.


Tasty is completely an understatement!

I have to say though, I think I enjoy the fresh pasta made with the traditional machine better....but I also think it's all in my head. haha.

Question of the Day:
Tell me something that makes you happy!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie