Friday, August 26, 2011

Zucchini Pizza Boats

Happy Friday!

Is Hurricane Irene threatening anyone else this weekend? I went to Target last night to make sure I had enough food for the little guy and the crowds of people were ridiculous. People were having panic attacks because they didn't have anymore "D" batteries left. Come ON people - relax! I'm dreading going food shopping tonight because I have a feeling it's only going to get worse. It stinks that Friday is my actual food shopping day and not my "I'm going crazy because of Hurricane Irene" day.

I started my shopping trip at Target around 6:45 and didn't get home until 8:30. It might have had something to do with getting distracted by all things shiny...haha.

When I came home, I realized I didn't have any more salad left for my lunch. I decided to make some stuffed zucchini which I have renamed Zucchini Pizza Boats. I based it off of Roni's recipe (sidebar - I love her blogs!) Sure, it was 8:30 at night but I whipped these together in literally 8 minutes (yes, I'm THAT person and I timed myself).

I tweaked her recipe based on what I had on hand.  I added in a half serving of turkey pepperoni, omitted the feta and used mozzarella cheese instead. 

Don't they look pretty?
After I put them in the oven, I ran around like a chicken without a head a mad woman putting the goodies from Target away, assembling bottles and doing some last minute straightening up. It's really hard to get everything done on days when the husband works his second job.

The smell coming from the oven was incredible.  It smelled just like it does when I make my homemade pizza.  After about a half hour, this is what I was left with.
A little burnt, but they still look yummy!
I can't comment on the taste, but I can tell you that I'm so excited for it to be lunchtime already!

Question of the Day:
Are you ready for Hurricane Irene or do you think it will amount to a whole lot of nothing?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie