Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Food Review: Birds Eye Steamfresh Chef's Favorites

Happy Monday Tuesday!! I've been off of the blogging wagon - I'm sorry! Friday was the beginning of the craziness at work and I was off on Monday. It was so much fun getting to hang out with the little guy for an extra day.

My weekend was a lot of fun! My beautiful niece was Baptized on Sunday, and I was so proud to be her Godmother.  Over the weekend I was able to test out an awesome new product for free courtesy of Foodbuzz's Tastemaker Program with Bird's Eye Chef's Favorites.   I'm a huge fan of Bird's Eye Steamfresh in general, so I jumped at the chance to try this out. 



In case you can't see the title, I tried the Roasted Red Potatoes & Green Beans with Parmesan Olive Oil Sauce.
I started making dinner while I popped the bag in the microwave for about seven minutes.  I was at the stove when I literally stopped and looked over at the microwave.  The smell that was coming from it was incredible.  It smelled like a restaurant in my house for the seven minutes this thing was steaming.  Even the husband came downstairs to find out what I was making. 

When dinner was ready, I opened up the bag and put the vegetables on the plate.


I took a close-up picture because these guys deserved it!

Yum!
Part of me wishes that the husband wasn't around so I could've eaten the entire bag.  It was THAT good.  I honestly expected the vegetables to be mushy but I have to admit that the potatoes and green beans were cooked perfectly and the sauce complimented the vegetables well.  My only "complaint" is I wish the bag was bigger!
These don't hit shelves until September, so make sure to check them out in a few weeks!  I know I'll be loading up on them for sure!

Question of the Day:
Are you a fan of steam in the bag vegetables?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie