Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Crockpot Shredded Chicken Parm


Despite being off on Monday, I had to get all of my cooking done over the weekend.  It's hard to rationalize cooking food on a day I could spend completely with the little guy.  I wanted to make something the baby could enjoy with us that was also easy to throw together.  This turned out to be a really simple dish that could be customized however you want.

I took five chicken breasts and put them in a crockpot sprayed with cooking spray.  Next I added three cans of diced tomatoes, some basil, oregano and garlic powder and let it cook for around six hours or so. 

I shredded the chicken, topped it with mozzarella cheese and served it with brown rice.  It reminded me so much of shredded chicken parmesan. 


I'll definitely be making this again, especially as the weather gets cooler.  I mean really, is there anything easier than making something in the crockpot?

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite crockpot meal?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie