Tuesday, August 30, 2011

500 Posts In!

I looked at my dashboard today and saw that today was my 500th post!  How awesome! I never dreamed I'd write 100 posts let alone 500!  Thanks so much to everyone that takes a second to come over to my corner of the blog world and read about little ole' me and my obsession with chicken. 

Since many of you were interested in my Personal Questions post, I thought I'd answer some more thought provoking questions.  Besides, you don't really want to see another chicken recipe right now, do you?  (Don't worry, one is coming later in the week for any of you that actually said yes). Haha!

Personal Questions - Round II
 
1.  What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?

I'd like to change how much hate there is in the world.  I know that sounds cliche, but it's true.

2.  If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

Volunteering.  Helping other people is the way to go.

3.  Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?

I'm a settler and I realize it.  I'm working on doing what I believe in and hopefully it will pay off one day.

4.  If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

I'm a scardey-cat of almost everything.  I'd definitely take more risks.

5.  If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?

Love yourself - you are beautiful. 

6.  Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?

Yes, and it stinks that it's anger I'm holding on to. 

7.  Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?

I LOVE this question! I used to do that until the day when I saw someone else push the button multiple times.  I thought he looked ridiculous.

8.What are you most grateful for?

I'm most grateful for my son, my husband and my family.

9.  What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
Gosh, this is a hard question.  I would probably say Christmas mornings were the best because we were all together.  My dad worked a lot when I was a kid, so being able to have everyone under one roof at the same time was awesome.  Looking back on it, I think I appreciate that my brothers and I were all under the same roof.  Now that we're older and living apart, I look back at these times and they make me smile.

10.  At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?

Probably when my son was born almost a year ago.  It was an amazing experience.

11.  If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?

Absolutely, and it's not because of the job I have - I honestly love it.  I would quit because I could be a stay at home mom.

So there you have it - another post written.  Here's to another 500 posts!

Question of the Day:
Pick a question and tell me your answer!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie