Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Welcome to another edition of Thankful Thursday!

Today I'm thankful for little signs of God's presence. Little signs that seem to say "Hey, Anne Marie, slow the heck down and appreciate things."  You see, things have been pretty stressful lately over in my neck of the woods. Conflicting schedules, planing date nights and the feeling of being stretched too thin have all contributed to the somewhat negative atmosphere in my house.

Last night, as I was coming home from my mom's house, I was greeted with the most beautiful sunset. If I wasn't driving, I would've taken a picture of the sky....it was beautiful. I was hoping that by the time I got home, I'd be able to capture at least part of it.

Thankfully, I was....


I wasn't the only one who was outside catching a glimpse of the sky.  This fellow was out there too.


Sometimes I need things like this to remind me that life isn't so bad, sometimes stress is caused by things I have no control over and really, I need to sit back, relax and count my blessings. Thanks, God, for reminding me of that last night.

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie