Friday, July 8, 2011

Sweet Surprises

There's a problem in the building I work in.....it's always cold in there! I have a cup of coffee and a bowl of oatmeal on my desk. On top of that, I'm wearing my hoodie. Seriously, it's that cold. I know I shouldn't complain because I'd rather be cold than hot but at the same time enough's enough!

By the time I came home from work yesterday, the hubby had already taken care of the baby's laundry and food shopping. Bonus - he had these waiting on the kitchen table. I love when he has days off. haha.

Sweet!

I love sweet surprises. They make me smile!

After dinner I wanted dessert. I think it has something to do with the way I was raised, but I need something sweet to round out my dinner. Meet my newest obsession.

Frozen bananas with chocolate chips

Sweet, relatively healthy and delicious. It really hits the spot, especially on humid days.

After dessert the hubby and I went to Target to get the little guy some formula and baby food. You know what I'm noticing? Baby food is really expensive considering how much he goes through a week. I'm toying with the idea of making my own baby food but am not sure I'd be able to devote the time to doing it. With the husband working two jobs, things get sticky sometimes and the time just isn't there. Perhaps I can compromise and buy frozen fruits and veggies and puree them. Thoughts?

Question of they Day:
What's a sweet surprise that's happened in your life?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie