Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rewarding Yourself

Happy Tuesday!

Over the weekend, the husband came down with a cold, pain in both ears and a burning sore throat. He made an appointment with the doctor yesterday and it turns out that he has the same thing the little guy has. It kind of makes me want to go to the doctor as well....except my ears aren't hurting and I rationalize that somehow I don't need to go. Yikes....how stupid does that sound?

On Saturday I worked my usual Weight Watchers meeting and our new leader was telling the group about a reward strategy she was going to use on vacation.

When she goes out to eat, she normally orders dessert. While she's on vacation, she's going to look at the price of the dessert and write it down (without ordering it). At the end of the week, she'll total all of the money she would have spent on dessert and spend that money on something special for herself. I thought this was an awesome idea and one that I could've used while on vacation.

Instead of using her method, I've decided to come up with something similar.  Something I've been struggling with is eating dessert after dinner.   If I have points left over at the end of the day I feel like I need to eat them up.  Go figure.  In an effort to force myself to eat more fruit I've decided that at the end of the day, if I want a dessert, I'll choose a fruit instead of trying to eat my remaining points in graham crackers, chocolate chips or something else super yummy.  Whatever points I save (usually from 3-5), I'll "bank" and at the end of the week, I'll use the points for something meaningful i.e. some yarn for crocheting, a new book or a new shirt.  I still have to develop how many points I need to "cash in" for the items. 

It may seem kinda confusing, but it all makes sense to me!

So....the long short of it is more of this....




Less of this.....

Any questions?

Question of the Day:
Do you reward yourself for achieving your goals?  How?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie